Your Guide to Using YouTube Cards the Right Way
If you are looking for ways to gain more engagement on your YouTube videos, we have exactly what you are searching for! YouTube cards are an effective tool to market your YouTube channel and drive more views to your videos. Wondering what YouTube cards are and how do they work? We have answered all your questions below.
What is a YouTube Card?
A YouTube card is an interactive element that can be placed either during the YouTube video or at the end. These YouTube cards act as clickable call-to-action (CTA) that opens up the added links to other videos when users click on them. You are free to add a maximum of five YouTube cards to your videos anywhere and at any point of time as per your preference. The cards however are visible for only a few seconds after which they disappear if the viewers do not click on them. This YouTube feature is functional on both computers and mobile phones.
What type of YouTube cards are available?
There are essentially four kinds of YouTube cards for different purposes. These are:
- Video Card: A video card allows you to promote your YouTube videos. Users can visit other YouTube videos created by you by clicking on this card.
- Channel Card: Channel card is used to promote another YouTube channel. Adding this card is a great way to thank other YouTube creators who might have helped you in creating a particular video.
- Link Card: Link cards direct viewers to other websites that are off YouTube. Mostly, YouTubers use link cards to increase traffic on their websites, to crowdsource a project, or to promote licensed merchandise.
- Playlist Card: By adding a playlist card, you can show your viewers recommended playlists that might interest them.
Earlier, YouTube also had a Donation card that encouraged viewers to donate to a charity. However, YouTube removed this feature in 2019.
How can you add YouTube cards to your videos?
To add YouTube cards to your videos, follow these easy steps.
- Log into YouTube Studio and select videos.
- Select the video you wish to edit.
- Click on the cards option and select the card you want to add.
- Select the specific video, playlist, link, or channel that you want your viewers to see when they click on the card.
- You can alter the start time for the YouTube card below your video.
- There is also an option of adding a message and teaser text for your YouTube cards. It is mandatory in the case of Channel cards.
- Save the changes.
What to remember when adding YouTube cards?
YouTube cards can help you a lot in increasing traffic and engagement on your videos, but only when you use them correctly. When adding YouTube cards to your videos, keep in mind the purpose of adding the cards, the audience, and the relevance of those cards to the video. Also, think carefully about where you want to place the YouTube cards. For instance, if your YouTube card directs your audience to another place (website or channel), it is advisable to place it at the end of the video. YouTube cards are also a great way to send your viewers to the next video in your YouTube series.
Depending on the card you use, you can achieve several objectives such as promote your videos, channel, products, and so on. Make sure to add them to your videos and keep a check on the performance of the YouTube cards to make informed decisions.
Now that you know everything about YouTube cards, use them and reap the benefits!
Also on YTpals
Why Marketers Should Consider Making Unboxing Videos on YouTube?
When it was launched in 2005, YouTube was just a video platform. But today, after 15 years, the platform is the top video marketing platform. It has over 2 million users, and is home to…
All You Need to Know About YouTube TV’s Monthly Subscription Hike
As of May 2019, people watched more than 250 million hours of YouTube content on TV screens every day. This number may have increased since Google’s YouTube is noticeably evolving by leaps and bounds. Amongst…
Buying YouTube Subscribers – 4 Reasons Why You Should be Doing It
Most people on social media frown upon influencers who pay people to follow them. When it comes to your YouTube channel, however, there are a few benefits to this practice. When you’re producing content to…