What is a Good Color Scheme for Your YouTube Channel?
Although it might seem like a trivial decision at first, deciding on a good color scheme for your YouTube channel is essential for ensuring your success on the platform. Colors are known to profoundly influence people’s emotions. This fact has been corroborated by many studies too. The human eye is capable of differentiating between 10 million colors, and each color family elicits a different kind of behavioral pattern in a person. By designing your YouTube aesthetics the right way, you can encourage people to engage with your channel.
In this article, we will provide you with a guide for choosing the right colors for your YouTube channel, which will help in driving the emotions of the viewers in the right direction.
Understanding the psychology of color
There must have been times when you would have clicked on a video or YouTube channel purely for one reason – an appealing color palette. This human behavior can be explained through color psychology. The fact of the matter is that every color has an exclusive frequency, wavelength, and spectrum. Each color has a different effect on people’s thoughts, moods, and behaviors. Here is an overview of the effect of different colors –
- Red: This color is known to evoke strong emotions. It helps in creating a sense of urgency and increasing the heart rate. It can also help in encouraging appetite, which makes it a great option for food-related videos.
- Yellow: This color signifies warmth, cheerfulness, and clarity and is known to stimulate mental processes. Yellow can also help in encouraging communication.
- Blue: Blue is a non-invasive color that represents calmness and serenity. It helps in creating a sense of trust and security in a brand since this color is perceived as a constant in human life.
- Orange: This color shows warmth and also reflects enthusiasm and excitement. It is closely related to creativity and can be used to present the image of a cheerful, confident, and friendly brand.
- Purple: The color purple represents royals, wisdom, and success, and it can be used to present the image of an imaginative and creative brand.
Picking the color scheme for your YouTube channel
Now that you have a basic understanding of color psychology, we will move on to the process of choosing your YouTube channel color scheme. Here is a step-by-step method of doing the same –
- Think about the personality you wish to portray through your channel and what it is all about. Decide on some keywords that best describe it.
- Search those keywords in Google images or Pinterest, and look through the images associated with those keywords. Save some images for each of the keywords.
- Create a mood board by combining all the images you saved. You can use Canva or any other editor for the purpose.
- Use the mood board to pick a few of your favorite colors. Think about which colors will go best with your channel theme.
- You can choose a mix of cool and warm colors for your color scheme, which will help in making your channel branding pop up. Narrow down at least 3 to 4 colors.
- From the chosen list of colors, you need to decide on your action colors, base colors, and grounding colors. The base color should be representative of the dominant personality of your YouTube channel. The action colors, on the other hand, should be ones that make your channel pop. You ideally want to create a stark contrast between the action and base colors. The last thing you have to do is pick the grounding colors, which are meant to balance out your base and action colors. They can be soft or dark, depending on the rest of the colors you have chosen.
Once you have chosen your color scheme, you can play around with them to see how they fit in with the theme of your channel. You can also experiment with fonts and backgrounds to make your channel branding stand out. With the right color scheme, you will be able to record a good number of YouTube views in no time.
With this, we have covered everything there is to know about choosing a good color scheme for your YouTube channel. The aforementioned tips and strategies will help you narrow down the colors that represent your channel best, which will certainly lead to better audience engagement. If you are looking for other ways to boost the growth of your YouTube channel, then YTpals.com is here for you. We provide a range of services like free YouTube likes and free YouTube views, which can help in the organic growth of your channel. We, at YTPals, also provide a 100% safety guarantee with all our services. If you are interested in any of our premium YouTube services, you can contact us today!
Also on YTpals
3 Effective Tips to Grow Your YouTube Channel – Our Guide
In recent years, digital marketing has become a much more powerful aspect of any business’s promotional efforts as more consumers continue to grow dependent on the Internet. While there may be many components that can…
How to promote your food blog on YouTube?
Now is the best time to appeal to your target customer’s binge-watching habit, as this is when we are spending hours together consuming videos on the internet. Increase in video content has attracted many brands…
How to Create the Best Shoppable YouTube Videos?
YouTube is a big phenomenon in today’s era where digital and social media marketing are pretty much driving the brand marketing realm. The Google-owned video platform has over 2 billion active monthly users worldwide—something that…