Types of Ads You Tubers Can Use to Monetize Their Channel
YouTube revolutionized the content creation space with its unique platform. This platform offers unrestricted access for creative professionals to reach out to large crowds. Apart from the creative aspect, it is also a lucrative option for earning income. With the rise of digital and influencer marketing, YouTube has become a favorite space for brands to push their products and services. This has given rise to the popular concept of YouTube advertising. But a thorough knowledge of monetization techniques is necessary for making use of this opportunity.
The content quality, viewership statistics and the types of ads are important factors that affect the process of YouTube channel monetization. A perfect mix of these aspects will help creators to optimize their earning potential. Let us explore the different types of ads that YouTubers can use to monetize their channels.
How to Earn Money through YouTube Videos?
With more than 2 billion monthly visitors, YouTube is a major platform for advertising. YouTube offers an option of sharing the revenues with creators by showing ads in their content. This revenue sharing happens when a creator activates the monetization option in their channel. But the monetization is possible only if the content satisfies the policies set by YouTube.
Usually, the creator should own the rights for all the elements in the video, including the audio and images. The ads in a particular channel are shown automatically based on the content, location and metadata. Due to this, a creator should always focus on making advertiser-friendly videos.
What are the types of ads for YouTube channel monetization?
- Overlay Ads: This is an on–video format of advertisement that is semi-transparent. This usually includes usually overlay text or image that is visible on the lower portion of the video. It usually appears as a banner on the bottom 20% of the video. The earning potential of this is comparatively low and can happen only if the viewer clicks the ad.
- Display Ads: in contrast to the overlay format, here, the ads appear near to the video. Due to this, it doesn’t interrupt the video viewing experience. These ads are available only on the desktop and the earning potential is less. The payment is decided either based on views or on the number of clicks.
- Non-skippable Video Ads: In these ads, the viewer doesn’t have a choice to skip the video and move into the content. It is a must-watch ad that you can insert in any part of your video. The duration of these ads usually varies between 15-20 seconds. Creators should focus on the proper placement of these ads as there is a high chance of interruption for the viewer while watching your video.
- Bumper Ads: This is a short format ad of 6 seconds that is non-skippable and shown at the beginning of the video.
- Skippable Video Ads: In the case of skippable videos, the viewer has an option to skip that video after 5 seconds. These ads can be placed in the beginning or at any point of time in the video. The creator can earn only if the viewer watches the ad for a minimum of 30 seconds or till the end.
- Sponsored Cards: They are usually a set of ads that display products or services relevant to the video content. It is shown as a teaser or preview for a very short duration. The viewer can get more information by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the video.
- Midroll Ads: These ads work typically like a commercial break on television programs. The video content should be at least 10 minutes of duration to activate these ads. Creators can edit their videos in a manner where these ads can be shown as a natural break. These can be devised as skippable or non-skippable ads as per the choice.
If you want your YouTube channel to be a success, content monetization is a very important aspect. It ensures that your time and creativity are rewarded properly. That is very crucial for the sustenance of your channel. So, properly plan your ads strategy for better earnings and reach. But don’t forget that having numerous subscribers and viewership is essential for converting these ads into money. At YTpals, we help you with a set of YouTube solutions that can multiply your number of subscribers and viewer impressions. YTpals is a one-stop solution for ensuring the success of your YouTube channel. We offer a number of packages that can fit in to your budgets and needs.
Also on YTpals
A Beginner’s Guide to Accessing YouTube Metrics & Data – What to Know
Just like Facebook’s page likes and Instagram’s followers, YouTube also has a few person-based metrics of success in the form of both “friends” and “subscribers.” Depending on your selected settings, certain types of users on…
3 Ways You Can Increase Your YouTube Views
With YouTube consistently maintaining its status as one of the most prominent platforms for online marketing today, it is no secret that using videos for online marketing is best for business. Through its “out in…
Here’s How YouTube Seeks to Fight Misinformation with Its Fact Check Panel
The COVID-19 outbreak has taken the entire globe by storm. It’s hard to imagine a situation where a single disease can push populations indoors and cause business revenues to hit all-time lows. As people feel…