How To Make The Most Of Hashtags To Optimize Your YouTube Content
Many people consider that search engine optimization techniques can only be applied to web pages. However, that is far from the truth, as search engine optimization techniques can be employed on any platform. The hashtags on YouTube serve as an essential element for improving search engine optimization efforts. When used effectively, hashtags can help ensure that your video content ranks higher up in the search results.
This year, YouTube launched a new feature called the hashtag search results page. This feature aims at improving the relevancy of the search results for the viewers. While users could search videos on the platform using hashtags previously, too, the new feature gives more specific results. The YouTube algorithm does not explicitly determine the search results offered by the new hashtag search result page. Through this update, more channels will get an opportunity to get discovered on the platform if they use hashtags effectively. So how can you use hashtags to optimize your content? Let us dive in.
Types of Hashtags
Hashtags on YouTube can be categorized into four different types –
- Specific hashtags: These consist of one-word hashtags that signify the video’s central theme.
- Descriptive or compound hashtags: These consist of multiple-word hashtags like the long-tail keywords. The best way to get compound tags for your video is by using the suggested results from the search bar.
- Generic hashtags: These consist of phrases or words that describe the theme of the video.
- Misspellings: Often, the viewers might misspell words when searching for videos. You can also include spelling errors for creating new hashtags, which increases your chances of being discovered on the platform.
How to incorporate hashtags in your videos?
Hashtags are essentially descriptive keywords that can be added to your videos on YouTube to increase the visibility of your content in the YouTube search results. It allows the users to find your videos more easily. It is essential to use these hashtags effectively to widen your reach on the platform. The YouTube algorithm uses hashtags to give relevant categorization and ranking to your videos. Using hashtags effectively has become more critical with the new hashtag search results page.
There are three different ways hashtags are added on YouTube –
- In the video description
- Above the title: The first three hashtags entered in the video description are displayed here
- In the title: This can be used instead of displaying the hashtags above the title.
The mobile app of YouTube also allows you to add location tags on the videos displayed above the video title. These location tags usually don’t have the hash (#) sign.
Although there is no limit to the number of hashtags that can be added to any video, there are restrictions on characters. A maximum of 30 characters can be used for every tag. The text field in the video description accepts around 500 characters, including the separators.
Valuable tips for incorporating hashtags in your videos
- 1. Consider the arrangement: When adding hashtags to optimize your content, it is essential to place the core hashtags in the very beginning. This allows the YouTube algorithm to locate and categorize your video more easily.
- 2. Adding too many hashtags: You should refrain from adding too many hashtags to a video. As it becomes, it does help in increasing the visibility of your videos for the viewers.
- 3. Create default tags: You can define the default tags added to all your videos. The default tags can help increase the visibility of your content in the search results.
- 4. Use keyword planner: Many keyword planner tools can help you search for trending hashtags. You can use these tools to get a good list of effective hashtags.
To gain more views on YouTube and ensure the growth of your YouTube channel, it is essential to use hashtags effectively. By using the tips mentioned above, you will increase your chances of ranking higher up in the search results. You can also aid in the growth of your channel by using a variety of premium YouTube services offered by YTpals. These services can provide you with free YouTube views, likes, and subscribers, which can be great for kickstarting the growth of a new channel.
YTpals guarantees 100% safety with all the YouTube services, so the clients do not have to worry about their privacy. Our 24/7 customer service is also here to answer any queries you may have. To avail of any of our premium YouTube services, contact us today!
Also on YTpals
Making 360-degree Videos for YouTube
It was in January 2015 that YouTube started rolling out a support mechanism for 360-degree videos, available on its web and mobile platforms. That was pretty much a smart move because virtual reality was just…
Effective YouTube Marketing Strategies for A Small Business
Video platforms have become a very powerful online tool to market a small business, and YouTube has developed itself as one of the most dominant marketing tools in the social media industry. With over a…
6 YouTube Features that Every Content Creator Must Know
YouTube has plenty of features that video creators can use to help them with their tasks and video projects. Some of these features are designed to help you attract more views while allowing you to…